local_florist
site image
site image

About Us

Our History

From a few acres in the early 1800's, the Moore family founded and built on a promise to create a place to be remembered for their family. Today, the Emily Moore Memorial Garden is beautifully located in the center of the cemetery. Purchased in 1958 by the Raspberry Family, the cemetery was formed as a sister to Forest Park Cemetery on St. Vincent Avenue under the name Forest Park West Cemetery. The newly named cemetery provided its first burial on December 3, 1958.

Spanning 132 acres, the cemetery, which is located at the intersection of 70th Street and Meriwether Road, is considered one of the largest family-owned and operated cemeteries in the area. Although it is purposely secluded, the park is only minutes away from any point in the Greater Shreveport Area and offers a full range of cemetery services to meet the memorialization needs of our families.

Everyday the staff at Forest Park West Cemetery strives to be supportive, conduct business compassionately, and respect the significance of every life lived. As every life is unique, no other park offers the array of choices available to our families. In keeping with the needs of an ever-changing community, in addition to traditional ground burials, we offer a quiet and peaceful mausoleum, private burial estates and our newest section, The Serenity Garden, which offers a wide range of options to memorialize individuals who have been cremated.

Forest Park West Cemetery is a perpetual record of yesterday - a history of people. It is a sanctuary of today, paying tribute to the life, not the death, of a loved one. It is a place that will always bring peace of mind for tomorrow. Today, Forest Park West Cemetery continues to build on the promise to create for our families a place to be remembered.

The cemetery is dedicated to serving families in the best possible manner with dignity, compassion and understanding.


© 2020 Forest Park West Cemetery. All Rights Reserved. Funeral Home website by CFS